What happens when we let other people matter?
Some say it’s scary, because we can get hurt.
Some say it’s wonderful, because it’s what makes us feel most fulfilled and alive — it’s the very thing that makes life worth living.
Some say it’s terrifying, because we have to face all the places inside where we’ve been wounded, unmet, unseen or unloved.
All those perspectives are right.
Letting other people matter is a tremendous act of courage.
And yet it’s worth it.
Because it’s a true homecoming. It’s a returning to that place we all came from, the place that reveals love in everything — ourselves, others, life itself.
That’s why we started IntimacyFest 4 years ago. We believe remembering how to love and learning to relate to other humans, and first and foremost to yourself — is one of life’s greatest gifts.
What To Expect
- Gain real tools for deep connection and intimacy in all your relationships.
- Lean into your edges of self-expression, vulnerability and honesty.
- Be seen, gotten, felt, and known like never before.
- Participate in three full days of well-facilitated practices, games and workshops.
- See your blind spots by receiving caring and honest reflections from other people.
- Enjoy plenty of personal time to recharge and enjoy the beautiful land & surrounding nature.
- Allow yourself to drop your armor, walls and masks so you can experience being fully yourself.
- Join or watch our Impromptu Talent Show and non-sexual cuddle party.
- Feel good in your own skin, and learn to trust your body’s wisdom and your authentic desires.
- Become a part of a community of dear friends, chosen family, and allies who support who you want to be.
Food and Location
- All meals cooked and prepared by our favorite Chef, Andrew Velasco. There will be six meals (and mid-day snacks), all are included in the price. Food is vegetarian and you are welcome to bring any supplements.
- The event is being held at Liberty Advance, a beautiful retreat center located in Jacumba Hot Springs, California, approximately 1 hour east of of San Diego. Below are some pictures from the location.
Super Early Bird (Ends April 15): $400
Early Bird (Ends May 15): $450
Regular Price: $500
Your ticket includes space to camp if you’d like. We also have other sleeping accommodations if you want to upgrade.
Dorm (+$50): There is a 24 person dorm you may use, you will be provided with a bed, pillow and sheets (picture below).
Lotus Belle Tent (+$250): There are two beautiful glamping tents that sleep two people (see picture below). The price is to rent the entire Lotus Belle Tent so any other people that are staying in the tent only need a basic price ticket.
Private Room (+$400): There are 4 private rooms available (see picture below). The price is to rent the private room so any other people staying with you in the tent only need to buy a basic price ticket.
Pictures & Moments
Dave Booda is a writer, musician and social entrepreneur. He is the founder of TEDxCardiffbytheSea, co-founder of IntimacyFest, and writes weekly at boodaism.com about relationships, creativity and happiness. He is the host Darken the Page, a podcast about the creative process and he also moonlights as his alter-ego Boodananda, a spiritually satirical Kirtan singer who travels the world performing high-vibrational music for enlightened audiences.
Paula Padma is a healing artist, facilitator, and counselor. She has extensive personal and professional training in psychology, healing therapies, relational skills, and Tantra. She is the co-founder of IntimacyFest and has led hundreds of workshops on the topics of relating, communication, love, intimacy, and embodiment. Paula’s mission is to help people return home — by creating a safe space to melt their inner walls and barriers, revealing their true heart, their true beauty, and their raw pulsing aliveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I be attending with a partner?
Not necessarily. We typically have about half and half couples and singles. While attending IntimacyFest with a partner would be brilliant, it is by no means necessary. There will be many people there who are flying solo, in fact attending alone often gives you the chance to meet and connect with more people.
2. Will there be nudity?
You’re welcome to enjoy nudity around the property. The land is very private and we will have it all to ourselves.
3. Is intimacy about sex?
We use the word to describe a simple feeling of closeness, which can include sexual energy, but can also be very easily limited by it. None of the exercises or events will involve any sex acts or intentional sexual energy.
In the past we’ve experimented with different levels of emphasis on sexuality, including having a dedicated tent for it, and also a facilitated play party. This year there won’t be a play party, or any designated areas for sex — however you are welcome to enjoy it in the privacy of your own tent.
4. Can I get a ride if I fly into LA or San Diego?
While there’s no guarantee, chances are very good and we’re happy to help make that happen. In the last three years we’ve gotten everyone a ride that needed one.
5. Does this festival promote polyamory or open relationships?
No, this is a festival for people in all relationship styles. Some of the attendees are in open relationships, but it’s not the focus of the festival.
6. Is IntimacyFest LGBTQ friendly?
Yes, we have people of all kinds of sexual orientations.
7. What is your return policy?
Life happens, we understand. You may get a full refund up to one week before the event.
Got another question?
Send Dave an email: email@example.com